Key Stage 2 Curriculum - Years 3 to 6
Over the course of Key Stage 2 pupils continue to embed the skills acquired and are given opportunities to develop the ability to become an independent learner so that they are self-sufficient by the time they leave us and go to secondary school. This is achieved by providing a broad and balanced curriculum which includes many enrichment opportunities.
Pupils still focus on the necessary skills in the core subjects; English, mathematics and science, but are then given the means to practise these skills within other subjects. An example of this would be researching information in geography and then producing a report with charts.
At our school we base our planning on the Abacus schemes. We already had this for English and science but have recently purchased the mathematics and phonics (to support the main Letters and Sounds scheme) elements too.
The curriculum documents from the Department of Education can be found below by clicking the links.
You can also find our current plan for the curriculum in Key Stage 2.
KS2 Art and Design
KS2 Design and Technology
KS2 Foreign Language
KS2 Physical Education
Please find below our Curriculum Coverage for the current cycle using the Cornerstones curriculum.
- North Cotes CE Primary Schools LTP KS2 1 of 4 [docx 8KB]
- PHARO-Home-learning-ideas-1 [pdf 2MB]
- PHARO-Parent-and-carer-information [pdf 2MB]
- Fulstow and North Cotes CE Primary Schools LTP KS2 1 of 4(1) [docx 15KB]
- Fulstow and North Cotes CE Primary Schools LTP KS2 2 of 4 [docx 16KB]
- Fulstow and North Cotes CE Primary Schools LTP KS2 3 of 4 [docx 17KB]
- Fulstow and North Cotes CE Primary Schools LTP KS2 4 of 4 [docx 17KB]