Primary PE and Sports Premium
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England - The Primary PE & Sport Premium. It has been provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, will continue until 2020 and must only be spent on provision of PE and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the Department for education vision that;
ALL pupils leaving primary school will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools, the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
|North Cotes CE Primary School Sports Funding 2017-2018||[pdf 153KB]|