History of North Cotes CE Primary School
North Cotes is a small village in pleasant surroundings, situated near the East Coast approximately eight miles from Grimsby and eleven miles from the attractive market town of Louth. Parts of the nearby coastline are maintained by the Nature Conservancy Council and the RSPB respectively and are used for field studies.
The earliest records of a school at North Cotes go back to 1719 where the children were taught at the “charge of the Rector”. In 1838 a school was built at Marshchapel for North Cotes and Marshchapel children. In 1866 a school was established at North Cotes and in 1872, following a dispute between the two villages, the present school was erected at a cost of £456. The money was raised through subscriptions and 60 children attended. The school roll grew to over 120 children and two post war extensions were added to accommodate children from RAF North Cotes.